You would think that because we took a weekend get-away to Las Vegas that I took a bunch of pictures. I'm still upset with myself for only getting a few, but to be honest, it was a rough weekend for me. Max had been sick with a cold the previous week and Josh and I were lucky enough to get sick just in time for our trip. The entire ride there was miserable for the two of us, but Max was so excited to go somewhere new that we just sucked it up.
We decided to stay at Circus Circus since there is a lot for kids to do their. Max had so much fun playing arcade and carnival games with his dad. We brought home several little stuffed animals that they had won. Most of them are Max's, but he's been kind enough to share a few with his brother and sister.
Max and Josh also spent 3 good hours on Friday, playing in the Adventuredome which is an indoor theme park inside the hotel. Of course being able to ride rides was a lot of fun for him too. I spent the first hour with the boys and then decided to go up to the room and rest. Later that night, we took Max to see the sights of the strip. We saw the fountains at the Bellagio, the volcano at the Mirage and of course had to see the pirate show at Treasure Island. Unfortunately the pirate show is now a musical with the women being scantally dressed and dancing quite provacatively. It's a good thing that Max is young enough not to understand, and he was just excited about the pirate ships. I have to admit that I underestimated just how much walking I can handle. With Max I was able to do a lot more at 23 weeks, but with this twin pregnancy, I'm finding that I am a lot more limited. Poor Max was trying to patient with mom who had to sit and rest often. He was just so excited to see everything.
Saturday we spent some time at the pool. There were too many people around for me to have the guts to actually get into the pool in my maternity swimming suit. Luckily I found a nice lawn chair by the pool side in the shade to sit and relax and enjoy the 80 degree weather. Later that night we went to see the Tournament of Kings show at the Excalibur. This was definately the highlight of my trip. There was minimal walking to get from the car to the show and I was able to sit, relax, enjoy excellent food and an amazing show! Max had a blast also. It was so fun to see him getting into all the chants and cheering. He loved being able to raise his glass and yell "hear hear" before taking a big drink and slamming his cup down, followed by a very loud "arghhh......" The show was excellent and I loved how each section had a different King/knight to cheer for. Our section was actually cheering for the Dragon Knight which was the bad guy. It was a lot of fun, but toward the end I felt bad cheering for the bad guy. Max loved it though, he has always loved the bad guys in the Disney Movies. I would definately recommend this show to anyone visiting the area.
We ended our trip on Easter Sunday. Max had been so worried that the Easter bunny wouldn't be able to find him, but the bunny sure is smart. He found our hotel room and even hid a bunch of plastic eggs, and he left Max a very nice Easter basket with a transformer inside. He played with that transformer the entire ride home. As I said before, that is one smart bunny!
All in all, it was a very fun weekend. I'm finally starting to feel better, but I'm definately feeling run down from all the standing and walking around. We'll have to go back someday when I'm not pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment