This pregnancy is definately much different than my last. With this pregnancy, everything seems to be amplified. The morning sickness was almost unbearable, the aches, the pains, constantly out of breath, etc........ This is not me complaining though. I am so happy to endure all the discomforts of a twin pregnancy and wouldn't have it any other way.
Tuesday started off with me not feeling very well. By noon I had already thrown up a couple of times which was unusual because I hadn't really had morning sickness since 18 weeks. I also had a dull ache in my lower abdomen which I just figured was typical since my baby girl is there. By 2:00 the ache became a constant pain that was also up the sides of my abdomen. And at 4:30, the pain was all over my abdomen and I had to call in to tell my boss that I would not be able to come into work. The pain was sharp and I thought it was probably gas pains so I called my Doctor's office and was told what over-the-counter drugs I could take for this problem. Three hours later, the pain in my stomach was excrutiating and now I had sharp pains in my lower back as well. I couldn't sit, stand, lay on my back or either side without being in pain. Now it was 7:30 and I was in tears from the pain so we decided it was more than just gas.
At the hospital they took us to labor and delivery so they could monitor both baby's heartbeats. Both were fine and baby boy was doing somersaults or something which made the pain worse, but it was so good to hear that they were both okay. We also found out that I was having small contractions, but luckily was not at all dialated (I was only 24 weeks). It turns out that I probably got food poisoning which would have caused the agonizing pain for 4 days. I became dehydrated most likely from the food poisoning which is what probably brought on the contractions.
I was given a pill to help stop the contractions and some Lortap to help with the pain. I am just so happy that everything turned out alright. I was so worried that I was going to be put on bedrest already and that would not be a good thing this early. I've got a 4 year old boy who needs me this summer. I really want to help make this a fun summer for him before the babies come and we become tied down for a while.
On a side note.......Because the weather is getting nicer, I plan on taking plenty of pictures to post soon. I might even have to get a few pics of my massive belly, ugh...... At 25 weeks, I measured 36 weeks. So when anyone tells me that I'm looking cute or small for being pregnant with twins, I WILL know that they are just being nice.
I'm glad everything is okay!
ReplyDelete