The Gabriels

The Gabriels

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Maximus

Kids just say the darndest things don't they? Josh and I are really seeing the effect our language has on Max. When he's frustrated with something he'll say "Oh my goodness!!!," which is just adorable. He as recently started using the phrase "shall we," like "let Beau in the house, shall we" or go to "gamma's house, shall we." If you ask him a question like, Max, would you like a snack; his reply would be "of course."
Me: Should we go visit daddy at work?
Max: Of COURSE!

I love it! Every question he asks ends in a cute little high pitched tone. He's also decided that he really wants to be a big boy and likes to try to make things himself like chocolate milk. He won't even tell me he wants it, he'll go get the mix from the pantry and a spoon from the drawer, the only problem for him is that he can't open the fridge yet to get the milk, luckily for me.

We are finally getting a fence put in and Max has been watching them out the window all day yelling "hi" as loud as he possibly can to get there attention. He LOVES all the attention to be on him ALL the time. He is so outgoing and loves everyone, although he still has his favorites ;)

It has been hard on him having all this rain and not being able to go out and play with friends. He gets a really excited look on his face and asks, can Addie come over or one of his other friends. Sometimes we just can't get a hold of anyone and he's stuck with just mom and he has gotten really sad that his friends can't come over. This just breaks my heart, because I want so badly for him to have a little brother or sister and I really did not want him to be so much older than his other siblings. I am a person who likes to be in control of her life and believes that everything should always be fair 100% of the time. Unfortunately that is not the case. I believe that it has brought me even closer to Max (if that's at all possible). I don't take a second for granted that I have him. Last Sunday, when I picked him up from nursery he got this huge grin on his face as yelled "mommy" and ran to me with his arms stretched out. I just thought to myself, I am so lucky that this kid is mine.

I will be posting more pictures of Max soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment