The Gabriels

The Gabriels

Thursday, June 18, 2009

If You Loved Twilight..........

If you loved the Twilight series, by Stephanie Meyer and are looking for a good series to read you may want to look into the Vampire Diaries series, by L.J. Smith. This is a series of 5 books so far and there will be more to the series as well. I really enjoyed reading them and they must be good enough because the CW has picked them up for a new t.v. series starting in the fall. I do have to say that the first 4 books of this series were written in the 90's before Twilight was even a thought; so it is not another author trying to be the next Stephanie Meyer. The 5th book just came out this past February and it was good. I believe she will be writing at least 2 more books in this series. Like Twilight, this series also contains sexy vampires, both good and bad. Here is the link for the new t.v serires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGBdpCvbzk.

The Uglies series, by Scott Westerfield, is also a good one to try. It is a series of 4 books and I believe they are making a movie of it, but last time I checked online it won't come out until the year 2013, which makes sense why it would take so long to make if you read the books.

The series that I am currently is called the Immortality Bites series, by Michelle Rowen. It is yet another vampire story but with a little more bite to it. It is very humorous and you can't help but just fall in love with the characters.

I just love my job and have a lot of reading time on my hands while I am at work. I'm looking for some fun new books to read, preferrably with a love story in them. I would love some new suggestions. I also have read a lot more books than what I just listed and would love to also give suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment