The Gabriels

The Gabriels

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's day is nearing and it makes me think about everything Max and I have been through together. I'll never forget how nervous and terrified I was when I found out I was pregnant. By the time nine months rolled around I thought that I was prepared to handle this tiny little infant. He definately had some surprises of his own for me. My little bundle of joy came 2 1/2 weeks early. I was in labor for thirteen miserable hours when he finally decided to grace us with his presence. He weighed 7 lb. 9 oz. and was 20 in. long. He was beautiful.

He was two weeks old and never cried when my mom jinxed us. "You are so lucky, this baby never cries, she said" It was almost as if a light bulb went on inside of him because I swear it was only a matter of days until the crying never seemed to end. He had collic and it didn't just happen at night, oh no, it came all day throughout the day. After an awful trip to the store where Max began crying and wouldn't stop until we were back in the car, Josh came home from school and I vowed that I would never leave the house alone with the baby again. Max and I both cried for four months.

Now looking back on all the tough times, I wouldn't take any of it back for anything (I know it is much easier to say this now). Max has always been a stubborn child with a mind of his own and he was telling me that right from the get go. He has challenged me a lot and although it has been stressful at times, it is his personality and I would never try to change that. He loves being around anyone who will pay him attention. He doesn't have any siblings to play with yet, but will make friends with all the kids at the park every time we go. He loves being around babies and is surprisingly really good with younger children. He is going to be an awesome big brother someday. I am so lucky to be his mom and I'm excited to see what new challenge he will throw at me next.

Max really loves to tease his dad. Here he is eating his dad's cupcake because he had already eaten his own.

He thought it was so funny teasing his dad.


I'm making a cake for Mother's day and Max automatically thinks that cake means that it is someone's birthday. He started telling me "Happy birthday, Mom". I tried explaining that he needs to say Happy Mother's day, but this is what comes out every time: "Happy Birthday, Happy Mother's Day mom". It's so darn cute! If all my kids are this cute, I'm going to have to have a dozen.







Add Image

2 comments:

  1. Kristen....
    Max is an adorable little guy. He makes me smile every time I see him.
    Happy Mothers Day to you sweet girl!!

    Love you,
    ~Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen... I gave you an award. Go to my blog and grab it okay

    Love ya
    ~Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete