The Gabriels

The Gabriels

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Introducing.......










































Our babies are finally here!!! They were born on Tuesday, July 19th. Chloe Jean , 5 lbs 3 oz, 18 inch long, born at 11:30 p.m. Clayton Jeffrey, 5 lbs 5 oz, 17 inch long, born at 11:37 p.m. They spent 23 days in the NICU and are now home and healthy. We are weaning them off of their oxygen now and so far they are doing really well without it. They still have their monitors so we can keep track of their heart rates and oxygen levels, but we're hoping we'll lose those after their next appointment on the 19th.



My fourth and final visit to labor and delivery due to contractions, we were not able to stop the contractions this time. We spent the first 5 hours trying to stop them, but the doctor finally decided that we were fighting a losing battle. Miss Chloe was ready to come out, her brother wasn't quite ready but didn't have much of a choice.


























































I did choose to get an epidural, but because I dialated from a 6 to a 9 in 45 minutes, the epidural didn't have time to catch up. I felt EVERYTHING up until I started to push. Luckily the epidural was working again by that time, but the babies were so small it really wasn't that difficult. Chloe came out first, head first. I only caught a glimpse of her before the nurse rushed her off, but she was absolutely beautiful. Clay was breech and it was a little more tricky to get him out. My doctor was literally almost up to her elbow inside trying to pull the little man out. Luckily I was also able to deliver him vaginally so I was pretty relieved. The poor little guy came out very bruised.



Both babies needed help to breath. Clay's lungs were still completely collapsed and he needed a lot of help, but they were both troopers and progressed very well during their time in the NICU. I'm trying to type this while I have my 5 year old hanging on my arm, and yelling for my attention so I'm going to have to make this quick.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment