The Gabriels

The Gabriels

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Here We Go......!

We just received our calendar from our IVF nurse for our IVF cycle. I can't believe in just a couple weeks, we will finally get started. The process is going to take a little over six weeks to complete because I have to take a series of injections to stimulate my ovaries, prevent premature ovulation and to thicken my uterine lining. We went in yesterday for our injection training class and very soon, I will start taking injections on a daily basis for about 8 weeks. Ugh, I am so not looking forward to it because I don't have a very high tolerance for needles. Josh is definately going to have to be giving me the shots. There are also many unpleasant side effects such as hot flashes, mood swings, headaches, etc..... If this works it will all be worth it, though.

I'm a little concerned about whether or not the egg retrieval is going to be painful, but at this point i'm willing to do anything. If all works out, this will be an awesome Christmas! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! This is exciting!! You're probably about a month in now...So I hope things are going well!!! We came trick or treating to your house ....Cam totally stole your stash! I couldn't believe him! I'm sorry!!! Dang kids! I was kinda bummed out that you were there, I mean Josh is good to see and all too, but I really hopin for the hot mama that lived there! :)I really hope all is well! We need to chat more often and keep in touch! I'm like 2 seconds from you lots of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, that was supposed to say WEREN'T THERE. :) my bad!

    ReplyDelete